Tuesday 17 April 2012

My NEW bike ... only took me 25 years

I haven't owned a bike in 25 years, I've been thinking about getting one for a few years now. The last bike I owned I bought with my own money when I was 14 yrs old; my first real big purchase with my own money. I was so very proud of her, she was a silver 10 speed with a black suede seat. My best friend Leah and I bought the same bike.  Then at 15 we moved East and I had to leave it behind, I was devastated ... since then I've borrowed a bike once or twice but never really rode again.

Now at 40, I finally gave in and bought myself a new bike. It's true once you know how to ride a bike you never forget. A little wobbly at first but we are getting to know each other now.

The day I bought the bike I also bought a helmet, a heavy duty lock and a bell. However, a few rides in I realize I need lights, a mirror and a pant leg strap ... a tire pump might be good too.

Few things Ive learned: 

  • I'm completely out of shape
  • a low seat makes you work way to hard
  • its good to play with the gears until you know which work best for the terrain 
  • I'm COMPLETELY out of shape 8-S

No comments:

Post a Comment